Sales & Marketing For Artists
Sunday, October 13
Part A: Sales skills for artists who don't like to sell
Part B: Marketing & Technology
Facilitator: Emily Watson Rice
Pull back the curtain and learn the inner workings of the art business. As Director and Curator of two major art galleries in Chicago, Emily Watson-Rice spent the last 20 years of her career running successful galleries & supporting artists at all stages of their career. This workshop will give you the sales & marketing skills and industry secrets that are vital to managing your own art career and selling more of your artwork. In these two workshops you will get practical knowledge mixed with coaching and constructive practice to hone your new skills before trying them out on your next potential collector. You will learn how to:
Part A: Sales skills for artists who don’t like selling (9:00am-Noon)
- Set your prices and defend them or negotiate and offer discounts
- Take someone from loving your art to actually wanting to own it and hang it in their home
- Enthusiastically promote your art without bragging or coming across as cocky
- Use the power of persuasion & body language to connect with buyers & get a foot in the door
- Gently guide the conversation to your intended outcome (such as closing the sale or securing a commission)
- Handle criticism and rejection & turn it into a powerful sales tool
- Follow up: take people from admirers to buyers. Then follow up with those buyers to make sure they are completely satisfied customers.
Part B: Marketing & Technology * please bring a laptop if you have one, but it’s not required (1:00pm-4:00pm)
- Build a professional website
- The difference between a good photo of your art and a photo that will help sell your art
- Show what the art will look like in the clients space using AR- Augmented Reality and free photo manipulation programs
- Communicate effectively through text & email
- Building a following & Social Media Marketing (you are encouraged to bring a laptop, but it's not required).
Lunch is included in the full day price!
Reg by: 10/11